To provide a forum of AMEs elected by AMEs or AMEs voluntarily offering to serve on such a body, to act as a vehicle to represent the views and objectives of the AME Association (Atlantic) Inc. at any level required to preserve or alter as the case may deem necessary, the rights, privileges and legislation of AMEs as a whole.
- All voting members of the Association must currently hold an AME license in any category, or
- A non-licensed aviation maintenance technician, technologist or individual meeting a recognized aviation trade standard (CGBS, Mil Standard, CAMC, SCA) or holding a position named in a MCM, MPM, ATO.
Student membership is available at a reduced rate and this specified membership can only be renewed over a six year period. Student members are non-voting members.
Student members attaining AME licenses may become full voting members by paying the difference between student membership fees and regular fees.
A corporate member is any corporation supporting the objectives of the association, and which is actively involved in the aviation industry in the Atlantic Region.
- A representative of a Corporate member shall have the right to attend all meetings but no Corporate member shall be entitled to vote or hold office in the Association.
- Membership is limited to AMEs, students and corporations in good standing with dues
paid to date. Lapsed membership may be re-instated with the payment of annual dues.
- The Association’s President shall call executive meetings as are deemed necessary. Normal notice of meetings will be thirty days. Emergency meetings will be called as required.
- Executive decisions can only be made with a quorum of 5 members of the executive, one of which must be the President or Vice-President.
- An annual meeting of the general membership will be held normally, to coincide with the Atlantic Region Aircraft Maintenance Conference.
- All committee chairmen will report to the general membership at the annual general meeting.
- An election of executive officers will be held annually at the general meeting. In the event that an elected committee chairman resigns, for whatever reason prior to the expiry of his term, the President shall appoint another elected director to fill this position for the remainder of the resignee’s term.
- The executive committee will be comprised of a maximum of eight (8) and a minimum of six (6) directors who will manage the affairs of the Association.
- Half of the executive will be elected at each annual general meeting. All nominations must be accompanied by one signature of a member in good standing. Elections will follow the nominations. Nomination forms must have the nominee’s signature of acceptance or the acceptance can be verified by phone call by the nominator.
- If a serving member of the executive is nominated to another position of the executive, he shall tender his resignation upon accepting the nomination.
- Elections will be by secret ballot.
- Members serving on the executive should be prepared to offer their services for two years, and attend executive and other meetings as required.
- The president will not be a voting member, with the exception of a tie breaking vote.
- An agenda will be required for the general meeting for discussion and action on items proposed during the year, and will be mailed thirty days in advance.
- Membership fees (regular, student and corporate) will be established on an annual basis by the members at the AGM.
- Any amendments to the AME Association Objectives and By-laws will be approved by the general membership at the AGM.
Revised October 3rd, 2008.